The Constituent Colleges of represent the oldest Institution in India DSPA in the creative fields of art and architecture. The University has a strong potential to emerge as a Centre of Excellence. It aims to nurture students as knowledge professionals in its highly specialized disciplines, with a high awareness of regional and environmental issues. It seeks to engage with society and to respond to current needs in wider public interest.
WHAT DO WE DO?
• Participate in making public policy and apply the intellectual capacity of the institute to the needs of the region.
• Focus on sustainability and increase awareness of issues like energy, sustainability, heritage, which are of contemporary concern
• Act as a repository of information on Best Practices in Architecture and Fine Arts education
• Conduct professional and faculty development programmes to strengthen quality of teaching in all colleges under the umbrella of the University
• Develop an innovative and dynamic core curriculum focused towards experiential learning
• Establish close industry institute relation to mutually support each other
• To achieve accreditation by national bodies
• To promote experiential and collaborative learning
• Inculcate a global presence of the University and global outlook in the students
• Strengthen regional processes and indigenous, sustainable technologies
• To build and strengthen relationship with private industry